Monday, May 4, 2009

...

ive been away for awhile because:
1) no time to write
2) dont feel like writing.


BECAUSE...im getting depressed about leaving. and writing about my experiences doesnt really help. even though i know im going to read my blog over and over when i get back, to remember. but still, the days go by so fast, even faster the months. i try not to think about leaving and try to enjoy every second that im here (even when im bored to death in school), but its hard. the only thing that pops up in my mind is june 26th. these weeks in school ive been spending a lot of time with my fellow classmates in the lab. we´re doing an experiment on all the bakeries of my city (there are 70). we have to by bread from each one and then we do an experiment to see if that bakery uses an ilegal substance called potasium bromide...it can cause cancer but it makes the texture and flavor of the bread more appealing. so far weve done the experiment 10 times, only 2 showed up negative. i actually really like doing the experiment. at the end of the year theres a national science fair. last year my school got third place in all of argentina. also in my nutrition class we´re learning about conservation. so we´re doing a lot of pickling. today we made pears conserved in sugar. i like that too. were also going to make noodles. in my social life, well, it mostly consists of maxi. we do everything together. friday was workers day, meaning that everyone who works has the day off. in other words, nothing is open and its the most boring day of the year. not even the supermarkets open. this weekend i didnt go out dancing or anything. its getting cold and i dont really feel like getting all dressed up to freeze my butt off all night. but stilll, i enjoy weekends to be with my mom, re connect with myself and all that. time to relax. i also am dying to go out with GIRLS, but i dont really see rocio very often and its kind of like shes moved on and is hanging out with girls more her age. so. yeah. and the girls in my class are very immature. nice girls, but outside of school its hard to be myself and i have to act like a 14 year old to get along with them. on saturday i cut my hair SHORT...everyone likes it so it helps me get used to it to. one girl in my class wants to cut her hair like me too. other than that, im planning to go on a trip somewhere before i leave. i also want to have a going away party. so much to do, so little time. im going to go study for my oral exam now. chau,

No comments: