Friday, October 24, 2008

Going to Cordoba

hello everyone........sorry for the delay, part of the argentinean culture is to wait until the last minute for everything so i dont think the computer will be fixed for awhile. today i am going to Cordoba with all of the AFSers in my area and the the ones that are in the province of Cordoba. We´re going for the whole weekend. I guess I am pretty excited. This week I have been really busy. On tuesday we had paro again so i didnt have to go to school. I went to the plaza with my friends and had mates and so forth. Wednesday I went for a run on the road the leads to all of the farm fields and the cementary. It is a really beautiful area and I enjoyed the exercise. Yesterday I went to my dance class again, we have a show coming up on November 8th, so we are preparing really hard. I only know one dance because i joined late, but i am asking a girl in my class to teach me another one. School is finishing up too, November 28th is the last day. Here it doesnt really matter if you fail a class during the school year because you can go back in december or march to re take a test and get your grade up. i find that kind of crazy! The weather is getting super hot, i still havent been able to try out my dads pool but according to all my friends every day in the summer is used up swimming in pools so im not too worried. Other than these little things, Im starting to be more aware of the culture of the people here. The girls are very nice, but also very jealous-I have learned the hard way not to mess around with a girls crush or even their ex-boyfriend from years ago. I also have noticed that the girls do EVERYTHING around here, and the boys do nothing which is very hard for me to swallow. My mom works all day and comes home to my brothers screaming and yelling and begging and whining. The other day we celebrated Mother´s Day here, and my mom was the one who made the meal and washed the dishes........talk about going against the whole idea of Mothers Day. I bought her flowers and I´m still working on her letter, I still have a little bit of trouble writing in Spanish. In other news I am pursuing a boy.....hahaha. My mom calls him my future boyfriend, because its been awhile since I´ve showed interest in him but we´re still not ¨together¨. His name is Maxi and hes tall and he likes to talk...a lot. which all people here do. He also makes me laugh because he´s such a chamuyero, a boy that likes to sweet talk girls until we´re all left with cavities. :) Something i am really proud of is doing a presentation for school in spanish! i was really scared but i was very proud of my accomplishment. i went shopping the other day, i still cant find me nice pair of jeans but i got some shirts so of course im bringing them all to cordoba. speaking of cordoba, i should get going to gym class now, not that arriving 10 minutes late is out of the ordinary for anyone :) will write soon!

No comments: