Thursday, October 30, 2008

holaa

Hi everyone! Today is Thursday, I just got back from school and now I´m eating lunch before I have to go back. Today is also Max´s (the boy from Denmarl) birthday! Me and Nat (girl from Thailand) are going over to his house today for leche chocolatada and i think cake too. Yesterday we went to centro to buy him a shirt and little necklace. While we were shopping, we found a shirt for 80 pesos, which for me isnt that expensive. I thought it would be perfect for Max, so i kept pushing for us to buy it,but Nat got really nervous and walked out of the store quickly. When I asked her what was wrong, she said that the shirt was really expensive and that we should look somewhere else. Then I realized that for her the shirt would have costed her 800 bahts! Money value isnt something I had thought of as a problem before. Now I know to be more aware of cultural things like money. Anyway, I also bought my mom a nice perfume that smells similar to mine because she loves mine so much. Her birthday is on Saturday. I also bought the finishing touches to my dance costume!! The show is next week. Can´t wait. Hmm what else..oh and i bought a belly button ring that has the face of che guevara on it........dont worry mom, i dont have the hole... :) and the BEST thing i have bought myself so far is the calle 13 cd!!!!!!!! which i listen to every minute that i can!! Life here is pretty much the same as usual. Right now there is a big debate on when school is going to end. first it was the november 21st, then the 28th, and now they´re saying december 12th so that students have time to get their grades up so they dont have to come back in the summer. yesterday my brother had to go to gym, and i asked him if he was going to go, and he told me¨"well yeah, if i get even one tardy i fail all my classes and have to go back in the summer to make up all of them, which isnt that big of a deal, considering im only passing two." here it is very common to be failing a few classes, one because you have amillion opportunities to make them up and two i think that the education system is.......lacking, shall we say. today i spent one hour sitting outside and playing soccer, and then i spent the other hour copying down a photocopy. :/ oh well. right now my class is planning the goodbye party for the seniors.......we´re trying to have it in the most popular bar, el soñado, but we´re not sure if its going to work. everyones all huffy because its an all alcohol party. now this just makes me laugh. actually its kind of sad that kids my age dont know how to have fun without alcohol. well thats not true, but it is what everyone looks forward to on the weekend. well thats enough for now, i think im going for a walk by the fields before school starts. see you later......

No comments: