Monday, February 2, 2009

heavy

Tomorrow is exactly 6 months since i first arrived in Argentina. Wow, so much has happened to me. I have grown up so much. Now that in one week im turning 17 im starting to look back on everything that has been going on. and although some things have made me learn my lesson the hard way, i dont think i regret anything. i am just that much stronger i think. its hard to know exactly who iam no, i cant think about it or write it down. sometimes i feel dumber, but i know i definitely am not. i have learned that people are people, that are capable of love and hate; it doesnt matter the color of your skin or how much money you have. maxi taught me that. i never thought id find someone who wants to protect me with everything they have. he doesnt have money or anything to fall back on, but he is a wonderful person who works very hard. so now on my birthday, im going to look back on everything, and, for one time in my life, im going to celebrate myself. i never realized it before, but i guess i am kind of amazing. the whole world most definitely does not revolve around me, and i am just one body of little importance in this gigantic world. but for once im going to smile and think "yeah, i am great." and laugh at my mistakes and celebrate love and friendship and family and all the people in the world. because the world needs to learn to love one antoher just because we are all the same. i love you sydney.
chauuu

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hey Syd - Happy Birthday (a few days early)! Loved this blog entry...it sounds so much like you and yet a new, older, wiser you. Be smart, be safe and enjoy all you are experiencing. It may not be all about "book learning" but more about "life/self learning".

I love you,
Aunt Dawn

Mom/Trenda said...

Happy birthday, Syd! Many people around the world are celebrating and admiring your strength, wisdom and beauty. You've learned a lot in your 17 years!

I love you,

Mama

Persian Lady said...

Happy Birthday Sydney!! We love and miss you so much! Continue having a wonderful time. Love your San Antonio Fam-xoxo