Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day of the Virgin........was monday.

hello people.....monday was a day off for everyone because it was day of the virgin, on this day everyone puts up their christmas trees and christmas lights. its very weird not having snow or cold or anything that significates winter around christmas time. anyway, today is mariano´s birthday! he´s 15. hes been sleeping all day, i just made him hot dogs with mayonnaise which is his favorite thing to eat.....his friends are coming over tonight to celebrate. As for me, I kind of have started to walk down the path of broken hearted people.......I am officially ending my crush on Maxi. Not that any of you care about my boy problems, at least I have my mom to talk to about these kinds of things, she is the EXPERT on conquering and having all the men follow her around like sick puppies. But she has eyes for only one man, which would be her on and off baldy boyfriend. hahaha. I am getting really, really close to her. I think its because she has three sons and I am the daughter she never had, which I really like. However, it makes MAriano a little bit jealous sometimes. Oh well. Tomorrow I start working for her! Im nervous but also excited to get out of the house. Yesterday Nat came over because my mom and two brothers went back to Buenos Aires for the Ska-P concert, which got rained out last time, so she made me a special rice dish from Thailand. It had sausage, tuna, carrots, onions, tomatoes, egg, some sort of sauce and sugar. It was delicious. Then, at about 11:30, we went to go rent a movie. She stayed at my house all night and we didn´t sleep because today at 7 she left to go travel with the other Thai exchange students to Southern Argentina, where it is freezing and there are glaciers. Ive heard its beautiful. but cold. no me gusta. Okay back to me :), so there is this man from Africa who sells jewelry and stuff on Belgrano Street, which is like this one street in centro that all the teeny boppers walk up and down day and night when they have nothing to do. so one day i asked him where he was from, and we got to talking, and he knows nat, (of course he knows nat everyone knows her i swear), and he said something really interesting. he said that me, nat, and him are all brothers because we are all foreigners. i kind of made me feel special, and i realized how alone this person felt and how sad he must be living here without anyone who understands him. which then made me realize why I get along with nat so well, because we understand each other and what its like to live somewhere where you dont fit in perfectly. Then i started to think that being an exchange student really messes with your head. like, you have to be in tip top mental shape to be able to understand and interperet all of the things your mind throws at you. its like, one day i think in a certain way, and the next another. then you realize how hard it is to be alone without your real family to help guide you through all of these new experiences your living and then your realize how alone you are and how no one really understands what you are going through and, dont really care. So i am like great. my brain is literally scrambled eggs right now. its like someone shook my head so hard i cant think straight!! on top it sometimes the words come out in english and sometimes in spanish. nat´s host brother is in Austria right now, really he´s in Italy but he goes to school in Austria, so he´s learning german and italian so i feel REALLY bad for him. i cant even handle english.spanish in my head! okay well i am babbling too much i should go take a shower now. :) hopefully you guys understand the confusion that is going on through my head......but dont worry, im laughing about it. im more confused than before i came here and i came here to unwind my head......ohhhhhhhhh dear.

1 comment:

trent said...

Hola Syd: It sounds like you're learing SOOO much about your new culture, and mostly about yourself! We all miss you like crazy!!! Two-lips
~Uncle Trent :)