Saturday, December 27, 2008

feliz navidad

Hola!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas!!! Here in Argentina, I definitely had a new experience at Christmas. My brothers spent the 24th with their dad. I went with my mom to her friend´s house for dinner. Rocio came too, her mom doesnt celebrate christmas. After we ate, at about 1 AM, Rocio and I went back to my house where Guillermo had all of his friends over. We got bored so we walked to my friends house and then we went dancing! On christmas!! So i was like totally weirded out by not being with my family. Oh and on top of it i went with my mom to do ALL of her christmas shopping ON christmas eve!!! The entire city bought all of their gifts on christmas eve.....everything here is at the last minute. Then I went to the farmers market with her and we made a fruit salad. I did have a lot of fun experiencing a new culture, but it was also very different. Yesterday was Maxi´s birthday, so I went to his house to wish him a happy birthday and such. Today he is having a party. On Tuesday our family leaves for the ocean, where we will spend 10 days doing NOTHING. cant wait. gustavo is really excited to show me everything, he wants me to wake up early so we can see the crabs on the beach. today we spent the whole day together at my dads house. we swam in the pool, went to eat ice cream, and we just got back from a trip on the four-wheeler. nice bonding time. anyway, i better go shower. merry christmas and happy new year!

1 comment:

Mom/Trenda said...

Hi Syd,

We missed you SO much at Christmas. EVERYONE says hello to you. Enjoy the beach (while we shovel ourselves out of the snow-ridden streets)! Love you so much. Can't wait to hear about your adventures south. Greetings to your family and friends,

Mama