Friday, September 19, 2008

spring has arrived and is in full bloom...

Finally, spring has come, and it seems like the whole world has come out of hibernation to celebrate. Today I was the spring festival at school, and although i did have to parade around like a dancing monkey in heels, i actually had a lot of fun, except for the fact that i was taller than the king but oh well. I also played a game called the orange game, its where two people have to hold an orange on a certain part of their body and then they have to dance together without making the orange fall. For example, we had to put the orange on each others foreheads while we danced. it was really embarrassing but fun. then i got ready for the king and queen thingy. i didnt win Reina de la primavera or princess, but i did get miss simpatia, which i think is just a sympathy prize because im an extranjera-haha. after i went to the plaza with my friends and looked at the sea of people that gathered in the plaza for all the fun festivities. everyone dresses up in bright colors and it was really fun. i just got back from my friends house, we drank mate and ate pastries and such. at seven my dance class is going to perform at the shopping center, i wont be in it because i recently joined and i didnt have time to learn the dance, but i will be performing on New Years! Anyway, this whole weekend should be one HUGE joda (party). People are going to get crazy.....hopefully not too crazy....

2 comments:

La Parrita said...

Hola Chiquis! Que divertido saber de ti(vos) y de tus aventuras! Todo el mundo por acá te extraña un montón. Este fin de semana fue el homecoming. El equipo ganó y el club de español caminó en el desfile. Tu hermanita vino con unos amiguitos. Tim me dijo que ya tienes el acento argentino y todo (me preguntó del 'vos' porque no sabía de lo que estabas hablando!). Espero me puedas enseñar a bailar el tango cuando regreses! Bueno cuídate muchísimo y que te diviertas!

Dawn said...

Hey Syd - OK, I totally read your blog...I check it every couple of days. I'm thinking about you all the time, and it's the only way to feel like I can know what's going on in your life. LOVE all the info...LOVE, LOVE all the pictures. You need a new sweatshirt...you're in the same one in all the pictures. I KNEW you'd be the queen of something someday...who knew you'd have to go to Argentina??? Love you so much...and O & A send their hugs and kisses. (O wanted to invite you to her birthday party next week...I told her I was pretty sure you couldn't make it!

Aunt Dawn