Monday, September 29, 2008

Did you know today is the day of ñoquis?? yum...

hi everyone, hope you had a good weekend! mine was very full. On friday i went shopping with the girl from tailand (not sure if you remember her name is natnapin, aka nat). i bought a skirt and cute shirt and i also bought my costume for my dance class. later we were going to go to a bar, but we just stayed in the house with mariano and his friends. The house was very empty without guillermo, and gustavo is always at his dads house so it was just me and mariano the whole weekend. on saturday i went out with mariano and his friends again, we went to a party with nat and kids from her school and then we went to little bar. i had a lot of fun. mostly because the kids in my class (the girls) dont really talk to me, or if they do they dont have nice things to say, and all the boys try to kiss me! its nice having brothers who have good friends. sunday i spent recovering sleep and studying, for me sundays and tuesdays are the worst days of the week: sunday is like a traditional argentinean lets-not-do-anything day, i mean you literally do NOTHING. tuesday is another terrible day, worse than monday, because i go to school from 7:45 to 12 and then 1:30 to 5! its horrendous. right after that i have my dance class, so tuesday is always a full day. and of course tuesday is always the day that guilllermo´s friends come over and have mate, which i love to be a part of mate rounds (its so much fun), but im literally in my house for 15 minutes and then i have to go. ahhh and on saturday i spent the whole morning with my mom at the hair salon!! i got blonde highlights and different shade of brown. it was really fun, although i must say the salons here a little bit more carefree when it comes to scrubbing the shampoo out of your head or plastering on the hair dye. mariano undid the other dreadlock he gave me and now is insisting on giving me number three. the problem is i, unlike 3 members of my family, shower everyday, and that just doesnt work with dreadlocks you know? tomorrow im expecting my package, finally! i cant wait. i think culture shock is starting to hit me as well, which isnt very pleasant. oh dear, its time for the boys to go to gym, WWE smackdown. i will talk to you all later................

2 comments:

La Parrita said...

No hay nada como ñoquis en sudamérica!

This blog is... said...

Hey Sydney!

This is Nick from AFS-USA. How's Argentina going? Well, I am definitely jealous of your opportunity to be in such a wonderful country for so long! Awesome.

Well I am contacting you because I came across your wonderful blog and you're doing such a great job documenting your trip, with photos and personal reflection.

AFS-USA has created the Official AFS Blog (http://afsgoabroad.blogspot.com) and would love to feature your blog at some point, if that's alright with you. If you haven't already checked it out, I highly recommend it.

I was also curious if you would be okay with AFS possibly using some of your best pictures to add to an AFS Argentina online photo gallery. Here's the slideshow that we've created for Argentina so far: http://www.usa.afs.org/usa_en/view/4959

Please let me know as soon as you can whether this would be alright.

Thanks Sydney, I'll look forward to your response.


Nicholas Triolo
AFS-USA eMarketing Advisor
ntriolo@afs.org