Monday, November 17, 2008

happy birthday to guillermo...

hello..............so i have a lot of things to write about!! on friday, i slept siesta form 12 to 5 on account of getting in at 3 in morning because i went to rosario on thursday for the cultural festival with AFS. at 6 nat came over and she helped me make alfajores "africanitos" for my brothers birthday. i chose these specifically because me brothers call guillermo "black" as a nickname, and the alfajores are made of two chocolate cookies with dulce de delche mixed with chocolate.........and luckily they were a huge hit! i say luckily because normally i am a pretty good cook/baker but here i cant make anything! it all turns out disgusting.......so i was really proud of myself when everyone said that the alfajores turned out well!! :) saturday was a big hit...my cousins and my uncle arrived from buenos aires saturday at about 1AM......one of my cousin´s is a girl and shes 16 just like me, she is so awesome! we have a lot of things in common. she dances a lot and she loves going out to dance, which was so nice since my brothers absolutely HATE it. anyway, saturday i spent the morning-afternoon picking up the three cakes my mom ordered, and the meat for the asado, and guillermos birthday present, etc etc. at two we began to EAT EAT and EAT some more......asado, tiramisu, lemon pie, dulce de leche cake, and the alfajores i made specifically for the party that night were slowly disappearing during the day...that night i went party hopping. started out at guillermos party, then i made my way to my other friends house. then i went back to guillermos party and THEN i went dancing. my cousin, who is a little shy, didnt go out with me but next time she comes, when there are no birthday parties to go to, we´re doing the normal round.......soñado (bar), hora veinticinco (when soñado closes, everyone goes here to eat something and for one last cheap beer before base) and then base (disco). so that should be fun. this week is the second to last week of school. i have tests every single day this week. its really frustrating because i study and study and then on the test i confuse the answers and get it all wrong. but oh well. im still really proud that im taking tests in a different language! what else.......my mom SAYS shes going on a soup diet for guillermos promocion (prom like party for the seniors). i dont know if i mentioned that i bought my dress already so im very excited about that. sunday i showed my cousin around town, it was nice to finally show someone around instead of someone showing me around. this week im going to check out a tango class so that is something else im very excited about. my grandma went to buenos aires with her son so the house is very quiet, when no one is home...like now. its a nice change because here you cant get one minute to yourself. i must go now, i will put some pictures up for your viewing enjoyment... :)

2 comments:

Mom/Trenda said...

Happy birthday guillermo! Sounds like your treats were a hit! Miss you like crazy--especially as the holidays are coming around. Big hugs and kisses to all...with the biggest to YOU. Love you moo, Mama

La Parrita said...

Hola Chiquis! Que gusto saber de ti y de tus aventuras. Y ten cuidado con los chicos! (Tim ya me ha comentado lo de Guillermo). Espero que puedas encontrar un clase de tango. Quiero aprender tambien. Cuidate mucho y que te diviertas!
-La Parrita