Monday, November 10, 2008

summer is coming!!

hola..sorry for not writing, now our computer´s screen sometimes goes completely black without warning. this weekend i went to a cumpleaños de 15 with 2 of my friends from school. im kind of sort of dating maxi but not positively...yet. anyways, on sunday i went to something called a quinta, its a place that has a pool and sunchairs and umbrellas and its open to the public. it is getting extremely hot here, only two more weeks of school :) then, as my friends tell me, its pure partying everyday. hahaha. this saturday is guillermos birthday, which also means the big party him and his friends are having. other parties coming up are la promocion for the seniors, which is like prom and is going to be held in BASE, the most popular club here. also, my grade is organizing a goodbye party in the school for the seniors. we actually spend our environmental services class planning it instead of learning, but thats nothing new. oh yes also on friday i walked to my moms work to take her secretary out for something to drink. usually my mom goes to but she was in rosario. we go about once a week to my moms favorite bar, el guacho, because its full of old men and she likes to have about 8 boyfriends at a time which all have around 50 to years of age on them so im like, gross, but whatever. anyways, i went with her secretary and we talked and it was really fun. what else....my grandma is still sick, its been about two weeks now of raviolis and empanadas and stuff...although i do love empanadas, getting kind of sick of them right about now. i heard its snowing there, all i can say is haha! its going to be weird imaginaning a christmas without snow, on top of it christmas eve is like the night were EVERYONE, meaning the people that dont normally go out to dance or to a bar, go out! instead of spending the whole night with their family, they go out and party!!! its so weird. on saturday ihad my dance recital!!!! it was a lot of fun and my mom caught the whole thing on camara. she told me that i was the prettiest, even though there are about 6 girls who could seriously pull off model careers-only moms would. :) now im checking to see where i can start tango or folklore dancing. busy busy. well thats all for now, i have to go study for some final tests!!!! chauuu

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hi Syd - Love all the updates. I am just imagining you staying out until 8 a.m. here and giving your mom (and me!) a heart attack. Seriously, though, have fun but be safe! We'll miss you, too, at Christmas. I was just telling some friends how I DEMAND my nieces show up at my Concordia Christmas party each year. I suppose I can't demand that of you this year, huh? I'm glad you found dance to express yourself. Enjoy!

We love you!
Aunt Dawn, Olivia & Amelia too!